Some of the top health and nutrition experts in India have compiled essential reminders to maintain good health during rainy season.
- Include a lot of colorful fruits in your diet that are rich in vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate your body. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, pears and bananas are the best. It is best to avoid melons and other watery fruits during the rains though.
Regulate the salt intake to a minimum as it is one of the major causes for water retention and hypertension.
- Opt for foods that are low in water content like nuts, legumes and sprouts.
- Make main course with cereals such as brown rice, barley, and oats.
- Watch out for the water that you drink. Ensure that it is purified or boiled to prevent spread of infection through harmful microbes.
- While cooking, consume light oils like sunflower, corn or soya bean oil instead of sesame, mustard or peanut oil.
- Some people suffer from skin diseases like boils and acne during the rains. An active cleansing and toning process should be a part of your skin care routine. Also keep makeup to a minimum and use only waterproof ones if you are using them.
- It is best to avoid raw veggies during the monsoon and opt for steamed or cooked ones to stay safe.
- Keep away from street food and precut fruit bowls from roadside vendors as chances of food contamination increase during monsoon.
- Maintain proper personal hygiene and watch what you eat in the rainy season to keep infections at bay.
For more information regarding good health during monsoon, visit www.solvemyproblemm.com to get expert advice on the topic.